Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mary Blair & Disney

I remember having a giant book called "A Children's Garden of Verses" at my grandmother's house. It had belonged to my mom, and I remember adoring the pictures inside of it. As I grew into both a savvy art lover and Disneyland fanatic, I noticed the original park poster artwork and a lot of the design for the ride, "It's A Small World" seemed awfully familiar. Mary Blair. Fun, child-like and brilliant. I was doing some image searches for some Disney concept art, and I found her! She worked closely with Disney, creating original concept art for films like Peter Pan and Cinderella, color styling for The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, and, in 1964, created the iconic children and buildings for "It's A Small World". Thank you Mary Blair!

The Brilliant & Beautiful Blair (1911-1978)







xo

1 comment: